TwitterFavorites!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What's a Mom to do?  My husband loves meat and our younger daughter has become a vegetarian.  She first asked when she was about four years old.  Then, I said no.  Age four is too young to make a decision that significantly affects health.  I felt comfortable saying no, then.  But when she turned 12, she asked again. And this time I said yes.  Since then, we've struggled a bit with each accepting the other's choice, and she has struggled with some health issues.

2 comments:

  1. Is your daughter Vegan or Vegetarian? Sandra Lee from the food network has a bean burger recipe that my meat loving, bean hating husband will eat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, CindyatWork,
    My daughter is a vegetarian, not vegan. She did not want to be vegan, and her pediatrician said it's very difficult at (though not impossible) for a teenage girl to get the nutrition that she needs on a vegan diet, mostly because of calcium needs.
    Thanks for the beam burger suggestion. Can you post a link to it? If not, I'll search for the recipe.
    - Barb

    ReplyDelete